Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Miguel Bosé... Papito.

Miguel Bosé, the Spaniard singer, is celebrating his 50th birthday and his 30 years as a singer and he got a new album called "Papito". It is sooo coool! he sings duet with many people (Shakira, Juanes, Ricky Martin, etc). In one of those songs, and by the way is my favorite, he sings along with 80's Spaniard famous, Alaska. Now, of course poor Alaska doesn't look in pretty shape, but she brought to me so many memories before the global warming and the Iraq war (even the first one).

I'm going to tell one: Pepe used to train swimming in the mornings and after it he and his friends hanged out with the taco lady. At that time he and I barely speak to each other. He started to grow his hair and he used to wear a big rain coat (I don't know, ask him).

One morning I came to him while he was eating his morning burrito, and ask him: hey are you growing your hair as Miguel Bosé?.... He looked at me... no expression on his face... and returned to eat... of course it was an insult to him. What I didn't know, is that he was fan of Alaska, he was a punk inside. At that time Miguel Bosé and Alaska looked from different worlds, but now they sing so happy together, take a look Amante Bandido!

This is for Pepe, Alaska in the 80's Ni tu ni nadie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good story Daleth!! I'm going to listen to this music.

Germany said...

Thanks for the links, great memories.
Gosh, Alaska looks like had have good time, well not as good as Eddie Van Halen ;-)
Forza!