Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Babel or The Departed


I had the opportunity to watch Babel and The Departed, I liked them both. Great performances in both movies. Leonardo DiCaprio, finally got a credit from me as an actor (as if he would care about it...). I liked The Departed very much, I enjoy this kind of drama-intrigue, good guys against bad ones. But... I have to say I liked more Babel.
It is nothing about being Mexican and thinking the Oscar had to go to a Mexican, but really it is a good movie. And if you think about drama, Babel got it in much quantitiy.
I saw González-Iñarritu, in an interview, talking about the loss of a child, he himself suffered the death of a son, probably at baby age, because Babel talks about it. In this movie he dives in those feelings, the loss of a love one.
I laughed at what Gael Garcia Bernal replied to the boy, when the kid talked about what his mom had sayed, that Mexico is dangerous, - Si.. está lleno de Mexicanos-.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am such a wimp. I'm scared to watch Babel because of the child issue. I think I'm a little sensitive about all that stuff at the moment. Maybe next year!