Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fajas y corsés, tal cual.

I found this in the "El pais", newspaper from Spain. Is a short- film-documental, about a little store which sells bras, stockings, women's underwear in general.
Lately I've been thinking a lot about Spain and what this country brought to Mexico since the 1500's. It is surprising to me that even this kind of stores, are so similar at both sides of the Atlantic, and of course nothing to do with "La Conquista".
In my hometown there is a shop almost identical to that one in the video, I think I've walked in, just once. It is a shame, I'll do it next time I'll be there.
They do not know about Victoria Secret or Oprah's bra, but they sell in a personal way, they show to you their stuff, and make a little chat about the fabric and comfort of the piece. As in the video, you can see piles and piles of boxes... and the smell of the store, is not lavander-lilac-shimering-whatever, it is just new cotton, maybe silk.
A person can forget that little worlds like that exist, that malls and Victoria Secret are the hot places to buy. Probably my middle age is producing this nostalgia, I'm glad I see things with more appreciative eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it...