Saturday, March 17, 2007

Del lado Gallego.

What my daughters and I have to do with St. Patrick's day or Ireland? almost nothing. But we went so happy to the parade and wore green shirts yesterday and today just because is San Patricio.
There were tons of people doing the same along sixth ave. Today.
As I know, St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland, he introduced Christianity in that country. Lately the festivity evolved around more Irish folklore, which is fine with me, because I simpathize with the Irish, and Celtic culture, that is why, we went to the parade.
But, somewhere along the parade, there were people with banners saying the other gaelic.... gallegos.... That is it...!
Los Gallegos is another Celtic people living in Spain, in Galicia... so... If this St. Patrick's day is about the Celtic culture, fine. One can never know if some of my relatives traveled from there (ven ustedes que valiente soy, al decir que algun pariente mio puede ser gallego?) or maybe Asturias, to Mexico, hundred of years ago, and now legitimately I can celebrate San Patricio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitivamente estoy seguro que algo de gellega tienes desde qeu votaste por el PAN...jajajjaaa... !

Anonymous said...

Definitivamente estoy seguro que algo de gallega tienes desde que votaste por el PAN...jajajjaaa... !

Martihuerta said...

jajajjaja... 'ta bien... en esta si me sacaste la sonrisa. Para que veas que los que votamos por el PAN no somos reencorosos.

Anonymous said...

lo anterior era yo, no él.