Friday, March 30, 2007

Mas películas


Alatriste is the most expensive movie ever made in Spain. It is going to be realesed very soon in Mexico, probably we could not see it in S.D. I'd love to watch it ( a trip to Tijuana sounds fine), because I enjoy movies with swords, situated in historical context (in this case the war between Spain and The Netherlands) . Las Aventuras del Capitán Alatriste are a series of books (novel), very popular in Spain, now made into a movie.

Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings) is Alatriste. I have read, this is not such a good movie, but still appeals to me.

What I found really cool is the bicultural "style" of Mortensen, he was rised in Argentina and Venezuela, and when he speaks spanish is like any other spanish speaking movie-star.

Watch the trailer.
Watch an interview with Mortensen (in spanish).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I just died and went to heaven, Viggo speaking Spanish, now that's very enjoyable. Thanks for the trailer Daleth. Viggo Mortenson is the only reason I watched the three Lord of the Rings movies (and then I actually realized they were pretty good!).