Sunday, May 06, 2007

En cueros, encuerados, sin ropa.

Spencer Tunick, the photgrapher, went to Mexico City gathering 20,000 mexicans, most of them between 25-42 years old and no clothes on, all volunteers, wanting to be in one of his world-wide famous pictures.
The scenario is the main plaza of the city, called El Zócalo, the building with the sun behind is the Palacio Nacional, or the Goverment Palace, to the left the Aztec ruins of Templo Mayor (they are ground level), and some Colonial palaces and buildings at the back.

Foto de El Universal

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good..one more year in which I can take part in nude sculptures..thank goodness..

Anonymous said...

I was talking about these nude "art pieces" with a woman yesterday and she said she found them very disturbing..that they reminded her of pictures of the holocaust. I have a different reaction, I think its so wonderful that the artist rebels against social mores and allows a bunch of people to lie around naked!! So anyway, basically it is officially good art, because it makes people think about society, culture and history..that to me is art!!

daleth said...

Yeah, I agree with you.