Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Always Frida.

I been always an enthusiastic about Frida Kahlo, a "fan" for short. So, when I heard yesterday that Spenser Tunick (the phographer of collective nuditity), headed to la Casa Azúl, the Frida Kahlo museum and took pictures of 50-60 long-dark hair women, in the patio of the house, I just wished to be there.
Why this woman drags so much attention 50 years after her dead, like if our desire is that she would be alive?
Remember, this 2007 we celebrate her 100th birhday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we love her because she was such an original personality.

daleth said...

Was it in your party? I don't remember, but some guy was telling me: All women are witches, all of them. So, following his reflexion, Frida exercised very well her magnetism, her appealing, her She-power.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I know it must have been Scott Atkinson. He is actually the devil so he should know all about witches.

lydiafdc said...

Actually I remember hearing my husband (Shawn) mentioning this at the party...I think he's ever awe-inspired by that that is woman...but he'd just say its cuz when we get together it is scary.

daleth said...

Lydia! thank you...I was trying to remember... maybe the paloma blocked my mind. I tried hard to recall, the only thing I knew, the comment came from a men and in english...