Monday, October 22, 2007

This is my birthday.

You know... I kind of wanted to be under a rock for my birthday, let it pass just like another day. But no, it is not a normal, usual day! it is FIRE in San Diego County.
In 2003 the Cedar Fire started a day after my BD, today the fires were more accurate (le atinaron, pues).
So everybody: If I wanted not to remember my 40th anniversary, I was wrong, I'll remember it as long as my memory runs well.
I'm glad though, one of my friends come to my house seeking shelter after being evacuated, I'm thankful I could help somebody when needed, all of that on my 40ty Birthday.
P.S If you see the picture on the left of the blog, is the place where I rather be today.

8 comments:

daleth said...

Thank you for all of you that let messages of happy birthday.

ma otter said...

happy birthday daleth!! i wish we could've hung out this morning!! I'll have to take you out for coffee when all this craziness is over!!

Anonymous said...

Okay..Daleth..you have to mention the fun birthday you had in the evening at MY HOUSE!!! The day didn't turn out so badly...cake and wine :)

daleth said...

Yes Caroline, you are right, thank you for having us. I wrote the post BEFORE going to your house, I didn't know I'd have chocolate cake and wine, of course good company.

lydiafdc said...

Gladyour bday ended well...sorry we missed it...I want to be on the seaside too!!

Anonymous said...

:)

Germany said...

Estas son las mañanitas que cantaba el Rey David, y aunque sea algo tardecito se las cantmos asi!!!!!1

E'l Roy said...

Happy Belated birthday, Daleth! I'm guessing you probably didn't go for candles on your cake... ;-)