Friday, September 14, 2007

I support Mexico.

September 16th, Mexico is celebrating Independence Day (it is not Cinco de Mayo). I left my country ten years ago to live away, first Canada, now U.S. But still now, I feel home-sickness for all the things I grew-up with in Mexico.

Every time I go back, at least to the bordering Tijuana or Mexico city, I try to breath in that atmosphere, get drunk of it and come back, although many of us (Mexican living out-side), complain about the forms in Mexico, we still, love deeply our beloved country.

A country made of different cultures, people, languages, mixtures, mountains, roads, desserts, volcanoes, forests, and oceans...

I'm so happy some of you (and people you know), have Mexico in mind to have your holidays, vacations or spare time. I'm sure Mexico would please you, either you think in pleasant beaches, exotic habitat, secluded places or big cities, ancient ruins, ethnic art-crafts or just for a humble "taco".

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!

4 comments:

ma otter said...

there are so many places I'd love to see in Mexico!! you inspire me to want to travel MORE!
annie

Anonymous said...

Viva Mexico! :)

Lauren said...

We will be in Mexico in 2 weeks baby! I am so excited to see a part of Mexico I have never experienced before.

Amy said...

I have only been to Acapulco, but really want to visit more places, mostly because of you and all the wonderful descriptions you have given me. Its definately on my list on places to go...along with learning the language...