Thursday, January 25, 2007

Viva! American girls

The American girls stories had brought a lot of questions and curiosity to Aitana and I love it. She is fascinated by the historic characters and she wonders the most about Josefina. As you may know, Josefina context is around 1820's in New Mexico, when that part of the U.S was still Mexico. Now Aitana questions why that territory is now U.S, and how all of the sudden, families that one day were mexicans the next day are American-o-. She wonders about Mexico City at that time, she even has told me she would love to know how the city looked like at that time. And lucky her, some time ago I got a children version of the book written by the wife of Spain's embassador in 1830, where she described the every day life in Mexico city. I like she feels connection and affinity with this mexican-character, hopefully Aitana can dig more about her roots and heritage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it and your comment about Figo on my blog made me laugh so hard!