Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mecano, Un Año Más

We make our balance of the good and the bad...
Un Año más (One more year) from Mecano, a Spaniard "trio", that was a hit during the 80's, when Rock sung in Spanish was very popular among the young "spanish-speakers" of that time. I could say "chicos fresas", but is a very difficult term to translate, maybe the Mexicans around can help me, hopefully they do not come with insults, thinking they are not "fresas" (you know who I mean).

2008 is almost over and our road had its difficulties, I'm just thankful I'm almost there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daleth, I've been a lurker forever and need to say hi to all of my SD buddies -- and I will do that soon. But, as a rough translation of "chicos" fresas" I would suggest preppies or yuppies -- it's not a perfect translation but it kind of works. What do you think? Luis loved Mecano (and still does, I think).

daleth said...

Hey Jessi, how are you doing over there? Hope the weather is not so bad.

JSA said...

Hi Daleth, we're doing fine, thanks. I'm definitely not used to the rain. I've started to climb out of hibernation, now that I've almost finished unpacking. Hope all is well with you and your family.

lydiafdc said...

Great song! Thx for sharing the holiday spririt!