Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bufandas para el frio.

Teachers in my girl's classes are going to have home-made scarves as a Holiday gift, this year.
For this one I used two cotton fabrics for one side and flannel with strawberries pattern for the "inside" as a snuggle cozy feeling.

The multi-age class is called Love-cats, so I decided that our male teacher, can use this pattern of cats with a brown fabric as well in one side, and a flannel with doggies for the inside. I'm not expecting him to use it on his Christmas dinner, but maybe at school, where this kind of patterns are well accepted for a cool teacher.
I think it looks good though, even for a trip to the mountains.

On this scarf, I put together 3 different cotton fabrics for the look side, and flannel with little squirrels for the warm side.
I choose green fabric because her student at my home says, her favorite color is green.
I'm happy I finished these projects in less time expected (uffff).
Please, let me know your comments, some people in my house think different that I do, concerning to combination of fabrics.

8 comments:

ma otter said...

the teachers are really going to appreciate those scarves...so sweet of you! can you say they're from me too? (ha)
I love it that you are sewing so much...very inspiring!
annie

Lauren said...

I love them! I am sure the teachers will love them too and be very touched by the personalness {not a real word by the way} of the presents.

Anonymous said...

Hola Daleth, Felicidades por tanta creatividad. Te aseguro que Gaby se pondria tu bufanda de gatitos en la cena de navidad y seria muy feliz. Saludos a todos y besos a las niñas. Dile a Pepe a ver si ponemos webcam para Navidad.
Tio, cuñado y hermano que los quiere mucho DAVID

Anonymous said...

They are lovely..and the combination of fabrics is great. The teachers will love them and be very happy with them!

Amy said...

Oh, so lovely Daleth ! It feels so good to make and give a handmade gift, doesn't it! I love the fabric combinations, I love that they are different to, it makes them interesting. The girls teachers will really love them. I also like how you photographed them in front of the Christmas tree, with jackets behind them.. Very cool.. Great Work !

lydiafdc said...

Those are impressive! Smart to share your talent as gifts for the girls' teachers! Very cool!!

daleth said...

Thank you all. I wish days can have more hours and make some for you too, for now I will write down that for a future project.

Anonymous said...

pa que no digas que te las critico... yo tambien te felicito por las bufandas únicas... un besito