Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sewing fever.

Aitana has a new skirt with a cool design of animals, all thanks to Amy's skirt party. I went to the party thinking I took the right measurements of Aitana's waist and hip, I cut the fabric, and it was wrong...after all, I had to attach more fabric in order to have a decent result, she was pleased with her new skirt.
Months ago I got the hearts fabric for Bidane, since she is drawing and wondering about hearts all the time, I thought it was good idea to make her a dress, I did it, as you can see. But the result wasn't what I wished for, the stripes were so loose and she was wiggling with them the whole day, I wasn't happy. We came back home and I had to fix it, first thing, I put elastic in the front and back neck, now I can say, it looks much better, you would judge for yourself next time she wears it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Mis nenas lindas. Gracias a la Mami por el esfuerzo de todo el año escolar!
Besos muchos

Amy said...

Great Job...the girls look lovely !... So glad you have sewing fever !!!! It's contagious !! Watch Out !!

erica said...

Que lindas tus hijas! Me gusta tanto la falda de Aitana que hiciste con los animales!

daleth said...

Erica, por que no me habias dicho que hablabas español. El año escolar pasó y jamás lo supe. Igual me alegra saberlo ahora.

erica said...

No lo hablo mucho porque creo que yo sano horrible cuando hablo, y porque hace mucho tiempo que yo hablo con fluidez...desde que fui una nina. Entiendo mas que puedo hablar. Lo siento para no le dicer, pero ya podemos practicar una con la otra...tu me puedes ayudar con espanol y yo te puedo ayudar con ingles...si lo necisitas, pero hablas muy bien!

Lauren said...

Love the skirt!

lydiafdc said...

I cannot wait to get my sewing machine out of storage & then host a session for all you (clearly wonderful) sewing addicts...maybe I'll learn a thing or thirty.

The skirt is so cool and the dress is too cute..I think they both came out beautifully! Great job!