Friday, April 21, 2006

Sopa de tortilla

On wenesday, march 15, in the food section of the San Diego Union Tribune appeared a good review note about the Chicken Tortilla Soup from El Pollo Loco, it says: "nicely spiced broth has a distinct fresh chicken flavor; the veggies -carrots, corn, celery and onions- are still slightly crunchy". So we decided to try it, and I'm sorry to tell that from my point of view that review is wrong. In fact it is not a tortilla soup is chicken broth with over cooked vegetables, to complete they give you a little pack of strip chips. If you want to make it or to have a better idea of what a tortilla soup is, have this recipe from Rick Bayless.

Hace algunos dias me encontré en el periódico una crítica a favor de la sopa de tortilla del Pollo Loco, así que decidimos probarla, y por supuesto nada que ver con una sopa de tortilla, obedeciendo a los canones de comida rápida, las tiras de tortilla las entregan en un sobrecito para poner encima de un caldo de pollo con apio y zanahoria. El error fué creer que podría ser verdadera sopa de tortilla o algun parecido a receta conocida.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I am going to try that.

My mom listens to that radio show "Splended Table" on the NPR station they listen to. I wish KPBS played it here. I guess I could listen on the internet....

daleth said...

Ye.. try it, is not difficult, put Eduardo to fry the tortilla strips and you are almost done. jajaja -no te enojes pollito!-