Friday, May 26, 2006

Reinas y princesas

Queens and princesses, like I posted before, last year I became engaged with lives of these women, taking a look to my notes....
Well, I have to confess that usually I get a subject of interest almost all the time, an idea captures my mind and I consult books, make notes and entertain myself a lot doing so, until satisfying my curiosity or getting involve in some thing else.
In spring of last year, I questioned myself obout the message given by the movies of Disney's princess, and started to think about the true roll of a princess or queen in real life, if they are women of power or just glamour, if it is a difference between them and Disney's, if they have responsabilities or if they are just "rich little girls of the new century".
So... I began reading about the old European royalty in order to understand the present (it is a geological statement). It takes time, but now, I would try to post my findings and make sense.

Desde el año anterior he estado leyendo, informandome y haciendo notas sobre la vida de las reinas y princesas. Todo con el fin de entender el papel que desempeñan en la actualidad, tratando de encontrar si existe alguna diferencia entre estas mujeres y las famosas princesas de las películas de Disney, como influyen las unas y las otras en la sociedad, si las princesas reales tienen verdadero poder o solo es glamour, los estereotipos a las que son sujetas, si contribuyen en algo al concepto de mujer moderna o no. Y para entender, siguiendo un principio de geologia, donde dice que el presente es la clave del pasado, comencé con las reinas y princesas antecedentes, todo lo cual me ha tomado tiempo, pero pretendo publicar en este blog mis humildes investigaciones.

No comments: