Sunday, April 15, 2007

Re-Conquistador.

Ussually, while washing dishes, I listen to the radio. Yesterday, it wasn't the exception, since I could not change frequency (I had my hands wet), I started to put attention to a radio-show about Republican candidates. People calling to the host, having opinions about their Republicans "wannabes", -by the way it was a show in spanish-.

So, one call came and he said.
- I support Tancredo.
The radio-host replied -But he has an against- immigration opinion-.
- I'm fine with that, not everybody comes to this country to work, there are people like "Zapatistas" that want to come and gain back their territories.-

I assume he was talking about the territories lost by Mexicans to the U.S in the 1840's. The argument is just ignorant from whatever point of view. Made me laugh for such stupidity and made me be worried if there are people in U.S., thinking in "Zapatistas" coming or believing that Mexican in general are "Zapatistas". Despite their reason for indians rights, Zapatistas are qualified as terrorist in many cases.

If you want to learn more about Zapatista movement, click here.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

What is it about the radio that makes freaks call in?

Anonymous said...

Apoyo tu comentario referente a lo ridiculo que resultaron las palabras del animal que estaba en la radio. En verdad que el mundo esta bajo una enorme y obscura sobra de ingorancia. peor aun cuando un tipo asi habre la boca para decir tonterias.
Saludos, tio cavi

Anonymous said...

Por otro lado felicidades por el cochecito nuevo espero que lo disfrutes mucho con las niñas, besos muchos para ellas.
Tio Cavi