Friday, March 31, 2006

Rachel Ray, hasta en la sopa...


I kwow she has a lots of fans around, people watch her shows in the food network and read her magazines, but I don't . We don't have cable but I see her every where. From my particular point of view she is not the great cook and her acclaimed 30 minutes meal is more a fantasy that a reality. I got her second book a couple of years ago, just dragged by the title, and realized is a joke. Does she pretend people cook a three course meal in half an hour? It is ridiculous.
I cook from scratch at least five times a week, doing it for nine years in a row, and know for experience that all the process in the kitchen, including washing vegetables, trimming meat, cutting and chopping takes a little while and than cooking (putting all together over the stove) takes even more. She encourages to use pockets of time to reach the goal of three courses, (yeah right), even though that sounds impossible.
Like I said before, I never watch Rachel Ray on t.v o read the magazine, and just because of the book I could make an opinion about her. It seems my thougts are not alone and I joined a crowd of people thinking the same.
By the way, I beat for 45-60 minutes 3 course meal.

Esta mujer argumenta cocinar en 30 minutos, una comida completa con tres platillos; escribe libros, tiene programas de tele y una revista, aun asi me parece que eso de la media hora es una patraña, al menos yo creo, con base en mi experiencia como cocinera, que las recetas que sugiere toman mas que eso, considerando los pasos previos de partir, limpiar, pelar, etc. Y no estoy sola, otros tambien piensan algo parecido.

No comments: